zondag 4 mei 2008

The big move - Part 1

Saturday, the 26th of April 2008.

After lots op preparations the time for my move to Japan has finally come.

-= ~2 AM -=
Getting out of bed after a little bit of sleep. Went to the movies with my little sister the night before and only got 1 hour of sleep.

-= ~3 AM =-
Leaving the house together with my father, mother and little sister. It takes approximately 45 minutes to get from our home to the airport. My flight leaves at 6.25 AM so we should arrive at the airport with more than enough time to spare.

-= ~4 AM =-
We arrived safely at the airport. Still a bit early for check-in it seems. We hang around a little bit till my flight appears on the displays that guide people to the correct check-in desk. After waiting a short while I can check-in.
It's still very early and as a consequence most shops at the airport are still closed. One of the croisanteries has already opened though, so that's where we sit down for a bit, zipping up a coffee and enjoying a small breakfast.

-= ~5.30 AM =-


Time to say goodbye to my parents and little sister. A moment I had not been looking forward to. As much as I want to go to Japan to live together with my lovely Kazumi, saying goodbye to my family is hard.

Geen opmerkingen: