zondag 4 mei 2008

The big move - Part 2

-= ~6 AM =-
According to my ticket I have to be at the boarding gate at 5:55AM. I make it there just in time (that gate was further from the security checkpoint than I had imagined). Anyhow, boarding hasn't started yet so I'm fine.

After a little while I can board the airplane. I've been assigned a window seat. Nobody sitting next to me so there's plenty of room to relax.

-= ~6.30 AM =-
We leave Brussels National Airport with destination Frankfurt. The flight only takes 1 hour approximately.

Very soon we land in Frankfurt. Now I have to find out where to get my boarding tickets for the next flight since I didn't receive those yet in Brussels. It's not immediately clear where I can get those tickets (signalisation for transit passengers is a lot better at Heathrow airport in my opinion). But after asking a security person it becomes clear I have to transfer to another zone by shuttle.

Still takes me a while to find the check-in desks for China Airlines. But I get my boarding passes eventually. From then on it's just a semi-long wait before I can board the next airplane.

2 opmerkingen:

Jeroen zei

Tis raar heh jong ... zomaar alles achter te laten en ergens opnieuw te beginnen. Ik en Jeroen Spooren kunnen ervan meespreken. Nu goed, ge zult dat ginder zeker fantastisch doen ... daar ben ik nogal redelijk zeker van!

Een van dees kom ik u wel bezoeken, en als ge ooit es nen humo of zo wilt opgestuurd krijgen moet ge me dat laten weten !!!!!!

ciao,
Jeroen

nonkel Jos zei

Kris, ons bruidsjongetje gaat naar Japan, waar is de tijd gebleven. Als er veel liefde is in Hokkaido zal het gemis van je familie snel voorbij gaan. Wij wensen jouw in elk geval veel geluk met Kazumi en veel succes in jouw zoektocht naar een job. Doe ze maar de groeten van nonkel Jos en tante Myriam. Wij zullen regelmatig jouw blog volgen. Groetjes