zaterdag 10 mei 2008

The big move - Part 4

-= 1.30 PM =-
The airplane is descending towards New Chitose Airport. Japanese soil at last. It has been approximately half a year since I was in Japan and I'm looking forward to seeing Kazumi again after such a long time. She promised to meet me at the airport.

But first I have to get my luggage and pass immigration of course. This hasn't been a problem in the past, so I don't forsee any problems this time either. New this time is that immigration takes finger prints and a facial shot from every foreigner entering Japan. A quick look at my passport and visa and some stamps later I can go on to the luggage retrieval area.

After waiting a littel while I see my luggage appear on the conveyor belt (I was a bit anxious since my luggage got delayed couple of days last time I took an airplane). Pick up luggage and head for customs.

Customs shows me the obligatory pictures of goods you are not allowed to take with you (narcotics, guns, ...). Of course I have nothing of the sort on me. Still want to check the contents of my luggage (guess the customs agent has to do his job). So a quick peek at my luggage and x-ray scan of my shoes later I can finally leave the customs area.

Kazumi is waiting for me already and together we head for the train station. The train will take us from New Chitose Airport to Sapporo station. Will go shopping for goodies in Sapporo before going on to our final destination. More about the shopping in my next post.

Geen opmerkingen: